Thursday, May 23, 2013

E is for Electronics

I'm excited today because my sister sent me info on a new cool resource to use with homeschool. She saw an article in Fast Company about Circuit Playground. Here's the article. It's founder is passionate about teaching people about electronics and encouraging to make things themselves using electronics. They're even beginning to put out videos for kids that teach about basic electronics information. The first one called "A is for Amphere" introduces what electrons are and what current is (in a way that a 5 or 6 year old could understand). At just a few minutes long, with cool music, and a funny robot puppet it kept my kids riveted. They wanted to watch it several times. The company also sells electronics kits and badges for learning electronics skills to encourage kids and kids at heart to make their own gadgets. You can check out their website at www.adafruit.com I'm looking forward to trying one of their kits with C in the coming year. I hope that someone out there is as excited about this place as I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment